After years of being chained to the old ideas of office productivity, businesses are realizing that liberated employees are empowered employees. So let’s get liberated by busting some of those old myths that may be holding your business back.
1. MYTH: Employees need to come in to work every day
Truth: 3.2 million Americans work remotely full-time, a 78% increase since the year 2005.
2. MYTH: 95% of work gets done from 9:00 to 5:00
Truth: 63% of workers don’t believe the 9-to-5 workday is still a valid model.
3. MYTH: If you want to attract top talent, move to a city and pay top dollar
Truth: In 2014, the number of job postings for remote workers rose 26%.
4. MYTH: A mobile workforce is expensive to maintain
Truth: Small businesses that implement teleworking programs save an average of $85,000 to $93,000 per year.
5. MYTH: Work and personal life don’t mix
Truth: Three out of four organizations (74%) already support or plan to support BYOD initiatives in the next 12 months.
6. MYTH: The cloud is inherently less secure than your own data center
Truth: 94% of small and medium businesses reported security benefits after moving to cloud technology.
7. MYTH: Moving businesscritical applications to the cloud is disruptive
Truth: Companies report that teleworkers are 40% more productive than office workers.
To go more in-depth, read the full white paper >