OTTAWA, Jan. 19, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE)
Mitel® (Nasdaq:MITL), a leading provider of Unified Communications and Collaboration (UCC) software solutions, today announced the results of a commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting, a leading independent research firm, that focused on the financial impact of deploying Mitel's virtualized UCC solutions. The study titled "The Total Economic Impact of Mitel Virtual Solutions" provides a framework for businesses to evaluate the costs and benefits of deploying Mitel Virtual Solutions within their organizations.
As part of the study, Forrester interviewed an enterprise with 600 employees across multiple sites about its experience implementing Mitel's virtualized UCC solution. Forrester found a three-year, risk-adjusted Return-On-Investment (ROI) of 84 percent, and a total payback period of 7.8 months.
According to the report, the organization also realized the following benefits after deploying the solution:
- Productivity savings with Unified Communications (UC) and better user experience
- Cost avoidance of an alternative, non-virtualized, voice solution and corresponding annual support
- Cost savings from utilizing SIP trunking
- Failover savings from using software-based technology
- Hardware and disaster recovery savings from virtualization infrastructure
- IT administrative savings through faster recovery
- Training and cost avoidance
- Cost savings from better scalability
- Lower risk from downtime
- Increased flexibility for future growth and new capabilities
The content of the study is based solely on Forrester's analysis. To obtain a copy of the full study, visit http://discover.mitel.com/Forrester_report.html.
Mitel (Nasdaq:MITL) is a global provider of business communications and collaboration software and services. Mitel's Freedom architecture provides the flexibility and simplicity organizations need to support today's dynamic work environment. Through a single cloud-ready software stream, Mitel delivers a powerful suite of advanced communications and collaboration capabilities that provides freedom from walled garden architectures and enables organizations to implement best-of-breed solutions on any network; extends the "in-office" experience anywhere, on any device; and offers choice of commercial options to fit business needs. For more information, visit: http://www.mitel.com
The Mitel Networks Corporation logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=8599
Mitel and the Mitel logo are registered trademarks of Mitel Networks Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.