Mitel Expands Integration with Microsoft Unified Communications
Customers benefit from tighter integration with business applicationsMitelunified communicationsMitel's
The Mitel 3300 IP Communications Platform (ICP) is Microsoft certified for direct SIP integration with Office Communications Server 2007 without the need of third-party gateway devices. Only three vendors – Mitel, Nortel, and Seltatel – are certified for this type of integration*.
"Since March 2005 Mitel has been committed to providing customers with the ability to leverage their Microsoft infrastructure for enhanced office collaboration,' said Paul Butcher, Mitel's president and chief operating officer. "We will continue to add value for organizations using Microsoft's business applications by providing a comprehensive unified communications integration for knowledge workers and specialized roles such as in vertical markets."
"As the largest community college in the state of Mississippi, streamlining communications between faculty, staff, and students across our five campuses is critical to keeping us at the forefront of providing quality education programs for over 10,000 students annually," said Russell Wood, IT director, Hinds Community College. "With the seamless integration of Mitel's presence-enabled voice solutions with Office Communications Server 2007, we are able to provide a comprehensive unified communications solution to staff and students while working in a collaborative environment independent of location. The combined solution allows us to solve common business challenges when working across dispersed campuses."
The Mitel 3300 ICP supports dual forking and remote call control for Office Communications Server 2007, enabling simultaneous delivery of calls to the user's extension and their Microsoft® Office Communicator client, regardless of the user's location. Calls are accepted on either a desk phone or softphone, according to the user's preference. The 3300 ICP can also be directly connected to Microsoft® Exchange Server 2003 and 2007 without the need for any third-party gateway, further simplifying deployment.
Mitel's suite of applications with enhanced integration into Office Communications Server 2007 includes:
- Mitel NuPoint Unified Messaging™ (UM) – direct integration allows users to increase efficiency by permitting incoming callers to instantly hear their Office Communications Server 2007 presence status.
- Mitel 5550 IP Console – integration allows the operator to see user's real-time presence information and to communicate via instant message with users, enabling calls to be managed more efficiently.
- Mitel Customer Interaction Solutions - integrates presence and availability directly into the contact center. Agents are able to quickly determine the presence and availability of colleagues to increase efficiency, facilitate first-call resolution, and improve the customer experience.Mitel also integrates into Microsoft Dynamics™ CRM to provide agents with access to customer records.
- Mitel 5300 Intelligent Directory – integrates with Microsoft Active Directory and Office Communications Server 2007 displaying real-time directory and presence information on a Mitel IP phone, enabling users to 'see' colleagues and their availability for more effective communication.
- Mitel Unified Communicator® (UC) Mobile - meets the needs of mobile employees, in the office or on the road, for single number accessibility and presence regardless of device and location.
*Mitel's 3300 ICP certification as a qualified IP-PBX for direct SIP integration into Office Communications Server 2007 can be found here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/bb735838.aspx#ippbx1
Mitel delivers flexibility and simplicity in smart unified communications solutions and applications for organizations of all sizes. Combined with a full range of managed services that include voice and data network design and traffic provisioning, custom application development, and attractive financing options, Mitel is reinventing how successful organizations gain competitive advantage by easily collaborating and communicating over distance and time with customers, colleagues and partners. Mitel's (www.mitel.com) US headquarters are in Phoenix, Arizona. Global headquarters are in Ottawa, Canada, with offices, partners and resellers worldwide.
Mitel and logo are registered trademarks of Mitel Networks Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.