Mitel First to Deliver Virtualized Real-Time Communications Applications Based on VMware vSphere™ 4
Collaboration yields solutions to enable companies of all sizes to deploy voice, real-time applications in VMware environments
- Mitel®, the trusted provider of unified communications applications, announces Mitel business communications solutions as VMware Ready™, leveraging technology designed for VMware vSphere™ 4.
- The latency challenge of virtualizing voice has also been solved with Mitel Communications Director (MCD) software, the first real-time voice application designed for the VMware vSphere 4 platform.
- These developments come after the two companies announced their strategic relationship in June 2009, with the intent to develop Mitel real-time voice applications that run on VMware vSphere™ 4.
- Mitel has the following unified communications applications that are now VMware Ready™ and available to customers. They include:
o Mitel Unified Communicator® (UC) Advanced
o Mitel Contact Center Solutions
o Mitel Enterprise Manager
- Mitel's software approach offers organizations choice and flexibility in deploying unified communications solutions from the data center with the ability to run Mitel's call control and applications on industry-standard servers in a VMware environment.
- The Mitel solution leverages the VMware platform to enable organizations of all sizes to build internal clouds that transform IT into a dynamic, flexible service that delivers efficiency, control and choice within their infrastructures while dramatically lowering capital and operating costs.
- The solution maximizes hardware utilization, simplifies application management, enhances applications performance, and streamlines IT's business continuity objectives.
- Continuing Mitel's rollout of software solutions, VMware Ready releases of Unified Communicator Advanced, Contact Center Solutions, and Enterprise Manager are available now. Mitel MCD on VMware will be available Q1 2010.
- For more details, please visit: http://www.mitel.com/DocController?documentId=33619
"Until now, the process of virtualizing voice has been quite difficult. The reason is latency; while latency is accepted and even expected for certain applications, it is not an option for real-time applications such as voice. Together, Mitel and VMware have solved this complex challenge, and as a result, users will experience voice just as they always have, while their organizations enjoy the significant benefits of virtualizing this application."
- Stephen Beamish, Vice-President Marketing and Strategic Partnerships, Mitel.
"VMware and Mitel are paving the way for virtualizing voice applications so that customers can now apply the benefits of virtualization to their unified communications strategies. With the groundbreaking performance provided by VMware vSphere™ 4 and the collaboration between our companies, customers of all sizes can capture the benefits of virtualization for voice applications, offering greater efficiency, control and choice for customers while lowering costs and increasing resource utilization."
- Parag Patel, Vice President, Alliances, VMware.
"Everyday we have more customers approaching us about combining their business applications with their real-time communications applications in a virtualized environment in their data centre.The leading work Mitel and VMware are doing to enable this is critically important, allowing customers to further capitalize on this growing trend."
- Ben Treadway, President and CEO, Fulton Communications
Mitel delivers flexibility and simplicity in smart unified communications solutions and applications for organizations of all sizes. Combined with a full range of managed services that include voice and data network design and traffic provisioning, custom application development, and attractive financing options, Mitel is reinventing how successful organizations gain competitive advantage by easily collaborating and communicating over distance and time with customers, colleagues and partners. Mitel's (www.mitel.com) US headquarters are in Phoenix, Arizona. Global headquarters are in Ottawa, Canada, with offices, partners, and resellers worldwide.
Mitel and logo are registered trademarks of Mitel Networks Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
June 18, 2009- Mitel Extends Virtualization Strategy with VMware