- New 5G initiative headed by mobile pioneer and former Mavenir CEO
- Expanded management team with appointment of BG Kumar as President of Mitel Mobile Division
"In the past 12 months, Mitel has been gaining traction in the mobile space and picking up speed as adoption of 4G LTE services accelerates," said
"Wireless connectivity is now an essential aspect of everyday life, but we've only just scratched the surface of the economic and social impact it will have in the future as mobile technology continues to advance," said Kohli. "Mitel's 5G platform is focused on building that future by providing the software to enable billions of mobile devices to access mobile cloud services in a flexible, cost-effective manner."
BG Kumar, a mobile industry veteran, takes over as President of the Mitel Mobile Division with responsibility for the profit and loss, sales, engineering, product line management, and operations of Mitel's Mobile Division. Kumar brings to the role extensive industry knowledge, technical expertise and strong customer relationships.
"With the number of 4G LTE subscribers continuing to increase, Mitel is ideally positioned to capitalize on our large installed base of Tier 1 mobile network operators to further expand our market position," said Kumar. "Our unique and fully virtualized VoLTE, VoWiFi and RCS solutions offer operators the economic benefits of a cloud infrastructure, the ability to cost-effectively manage the ramp-up of the VoLTE and RCS subscriber base, and the flexibility to rapidly add new communications services and scale as the market evolves."
- Mitel customers include 15 of the top 20 mobile carriers in the world
- Mitel powers VoLTE/ VoWiFi services in 18 countries
- Visit Mitel at
Mobile World Congressin Barcelonaat Booth 7A21
- Download the case study "T-Mobile Disrupts the US Mobile Market with Mitel Solutions"
- See the infographic "Rise of Mobile Enterprise Infographic"
- Watch the "Mobile
- Download the whitepaper "
Seamless Communicationsand Collaboration"
- Download the whitepaper "Mobilizing Real-Time Communications"
- Watch the video on Multi-ID
Twitter: Mitel Fuels Mobile Growth With Investment in #5G #Cloud Connectivity Platform
Twitter: New Mitel 5G initiative headed by mobile pioneer and former Mavenir CEO
Twitter: Mitel expands management team with appointment of BG Kumar as President of Mitel Mobile Division
A global market leader in enterprise and mobile communications powering more than 2 billion business connections and 2 billion mobile subscribers every day,
Mitel is the registered trademark of Mitel Networks Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
News Provided by Acquire Media