Mitel "Simply Communicating" Tour Enters Canada
Traveling solution showcase brings latest applications and interactive demos for customers and partners in Canada
- Mitel®, the trusted provider of unified communications solutions, today announced the beginning of the Canadian portion of its "Simply Communicating" Tour, a continuous roadshow that will bring Mitel's advanced business communications solutions to its customers and partners across North America.
- The tour will host more than 600 new and existing Mitel customers and provide on premise access to the company's latest solutions offerings. The customized specially-equipped bus allows customers hands-on access to Mitel's scalable business solutions, including the Mitel TeleCollaboration Solution, in an optimal environment.
- The software-based TeleCollaboration Solution combines collaboration with multi-party, high-definition, video conferencing technology providing full visual interaction with desktop sharing allowing participants to view and edit documents in real time and engage in full HD visual interaction. The new Mitel TeleCollaboration Solution HDSolo can be an ideal single-screen solution for organizations that need to frequently collaborate with remote teams and off-site parties.
- Additionally, Mitel will showcase its ability to virtualize voice applications with Mitel Virtual Solutions. Available as a virtual appliance, Virtual Mitel Communications Director (Virtual MCD) is a software package download that runs on VMware® vSphere™ 4, enabling customers to seamlessly access and install Mitel's call control software.
- The solution leverages VMware vSphere™ 4 to enable customers to consolidate Mitel's leading voice applications alongside non-voice business applications in the datacenter. This results in the potential for: capital savings due to the significant reduction in server hardware and real estate; operational savings with the reduction in power and server provisioning costs; as well as productivity improvements and resource efficiencies in datacenter management and risk mitigation for business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Virtual MCD is the first real-time voice application designed for the VMware vSphere™ 4 platform.
- The "Simply Communicating" Tour will also highlight many of Mitel's leading application solutions including Mitel Dynamic Extension, the Mitel Applications Suite (MAS), and Mitel Unified Communicator® (UC) Advanced.
- The "Simply Communicating" Tour first Canadian stop is in Vancouver, B.C. today and will continue to the following Canadian cities:
o Calgary, AB on April 9
o Winnipeg, MB on April 12
o Toronto, ON on April 29 - 30
o Ottawa, ON on May 3 - 4
o Montreal, QC on May 5
- The complete "Simply Communicating" Tour will visit close to 100 cities throughout North America. For a full list of cities and dates, please visit: http://www.mitel.com/sct. Follow the "Simply Communicating" Tour on Twitter @mitelbustour. For photos on past stops visit www.flickr.com/photos/mitel
"Continuing on the success of the Mitel "Simply Communicating" Tour in U.S., we are very excited to bring this traveling solution showcase to our Canadian customers and partners. Mitel works closely with customers to help develop the best possible solutions and this is a great opportunity to provide them with a hands-on experience to demonstrate how they can use these solutions in their organizations."
- Jeff Nolan, Vice-President, Canadian Sales, Mitel
"As a long-time customer we are excited that Mitel has launched the "Simply Communicating" Tour and is bringing its latest solutions to our area. Mitel has always been a leader in the communications field and we look forward to seeing its latest innovations in a personalized and hands on environment."
- Gary Tymoschuk, Vice President - Operations, Credit Counselling Society.
"Mitel has always been a very supportive partner by providing Allstream with the tools we need to succeed together. The "Simply Communicating" Tour is another great opportunity for us to share Mitel's latest portfolio with current and future customers. This tour further demonstrates their continued support."
- Dean Prevost, President, Allstream
Mitel delivers flexibility and simplicity in smart unified communications solutions and applications for organizations of all sizes. Combined with a full range of managed services that include voice and data network design and traffic provisioning, custom application development, and attractive financing options, Mitel is reinventing how successful organizations gain competitive advantage by easily collaborating and communicating over distance and time with customers, colleagues and partners. Mitel's (www.mitel.com) US headquarters are in Phoenix, Arizona. Global headquarters are in Ottawa, Canada, with offices, partners, and resellers worldwide.
Mitel and logo are registered trademarks of Mitel Networks Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.