Mitel NFV-Based CPM Designed to Provide Seamless Experience for Users
- Delivers Network Functions Virtualization (NFV)-based Converged IP Messaging (CPM) solutions
- Empowers 2G, 3G and LTE operators to transform messaging core and deliver messaging over an IP network
- Builds upon Mitel's previous success with a North American Rich Communications Services (RCS) deployment
Mobile operators deploying an all-IP services core have an opportunity to transform their messaging network by capping legacy investment and introducing intelligent delivery capability for messaging and multimedia while managing user-generated content across multiple access domains and devices.
"Our mobile operator customers are transforming their networks to become more intelligent and efficient," said BG Kumar, President of Mitel's Mobile Division. "The selection of our NFV-based advanced messaging solutions by major carriers reflects our approach in developing and deploying virtualized IP networks that meet their customers' needs."
"Driven by VoLTE deployments, operators are transitioning to NFV for IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) networks. The ability to scale services up and down quickly is a key driver for operators migrating to NFV. IP messaging solutions, like Mitel's CPM, offer operators a migration path for a core service area while allowing them to explore new capabilities to stay competitive," said Senior Research Director, Diane Myers IHS Markit.
- Mitel has supported the introduction of mobile industry milestones including the:
- first VoLTE deployment
- first North American RCS deployment
- first IMS VoWiFi deployment
- first NFV-based IMS implementation
- Mitel has a fully virtualized end to end portfolio of voice/video, messaging and mobile core products that include IMS and Session Border Controller
- Mitel Mobile solutions are based on the award-winning mOne® software platform, leveraging NFV and software-defined networking technologies for deployments on cloud-based infrastructures
- Find out more about Mitel converged messaging solutions for:
Twitter: North American Tier 1 carriers choose Mitel mobile solutions to enhance customer communications
NFV, Virtualization, SDN, RCS, CPM, IMS
A global market leader in enterprise and mobile communications powering more than 2 billion business connections and 2 billion mobile subscribers every day, Mitel (Nasdaq:MITL) (TSX:MNW) helps businesses and mobile carriers connect, collaborate and provide innovative services to their customers. Our innovation and communications experts serve more than 60 million business users in more than 100 countries, and 130 mobile service providers including 15 of the top 20 mobile carriers in the world. That makes us unique, and the only company able to provide a bridge between enterprise and mobile customers. For more information, go to www.mitel.com and follow us on Twitter @Mitel.
Mitel is the registered trademark of Mitel Networks Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.