Mitel’s Presence and Resource List Server (PS-RLS) is a 3GPP and OMA SIMPLE standards compliant presence service framework implementation. As operators try to roll out IMS services, Mitel’s PS-RLS server enables the next generation of communication services with an open architecture to collect and disseminate relevant information in a controlled fashion. It provides presence server functions for managing various states of presence information subscription, publication, documents composition and notification along with integrated resource list server function for managing list based subscriptions. All these functions come with broad support for UDP/IP, TCP/IP, SIP parsing/encoding, DNS/ENUM client functions, XCAP, REST and other protocols natively.
Mitel’s PS-RLS solution is built on top of its virtualization pioneering, carrier grade mOne® convergence platform that also enables cloud-based deployment. It is designed to be highly scalable, efficient and robust to allow operators compete with OTT services while providing telco reliability and enhanced communication experience.
Mitel’s PS-RLS solution is specifically optimized for wireless deployments with numerous strategies to minimize presence-signaling impacts on over-the-air traffic and mobile device battery life and facilitating configurable controls in the hands of operator to optimally launch rich communication services. Globally operators are utilizing it in a variety of implementations as they modernize their communication infrastructure such as RCS capability discovery and interworking function, social presence sharing, integration with Internet social services etc.
Key Features & Benefits
- 3GPP Presence Service and OMA Presence SIMPLE 1.0 and 2.0 compliant
- GSMA RCS 5.1 compliant for capability discovery, network-to-network interworking and social presence sharing
- Various levels of optimizations for managing presence specific signaling traffic without compromising user experience
- Multi-device support along with comprehensive solution for multiple user preference profiles and tiered policy management
- REST APIs for diverse service creation and collaboration
- Fully virtualized software based solution
- Modular architecture with flexible deployment options