SIP enables the creation and deployment of feature-rich services that go far beyond simple IP telephony phone calls, including multimedia / video, instant messaging, web integration, and more.
The potential of SIP has reverberated throughout the industry with equipment vendors and service providers exploring how best to leverage this market opportunity. Some of the primary drivers for Mitel’s SIP trunking include:
- Significant cost reduction versus legacy PRI / BRI or analog trunks for connection to the PSTN
- More efficient scaling when you need more trunks – just increase bandwidth instead of needing additional interface cards
- Interoperability of SIP devices and applications enables you to deploy best-of-breed solutions with seamless voice, video, and data integration
- Strong presence and instant messaging capabilities
- Smartphone and mobile device support
- Virtualization opportunities, as SIP-based solutions don’t require PBX hardware for legacy TDM interfaces
Getting more from your PBX with Mitel’s SIP
Supporting SIP across your enterprise is easier with Mitel’s innovative suite of platforms, applications, and desktop devices. A philosophy of openness provides you a lot more flexibility and native connections without the need or expense of a “translator box.”
The Mitel SIP Center of Excellence tests service provider SIP trunks as well as third-party device applications. To ensure a smooth transition, we even provide an implementation and configuration guide for each vendor.
Mitel’s SIP solution portfolio also includes a SIP-aware firewall that helps keep your network secure.
Mitel is pioneering the development and implementation of SIP in the enterprise through an innovative suite of platforms, applications, and desktop devices. Mitel's philosophy around SIP is to be standards-compliant and support SIP integrations with virtually any device, service provider, or application.