This unique approach provides a pragmatic and cost-effective strategy for managing CAPEX/OPEX costs associated with maintaining parallel core networks as operators migrate subscribers and service to 4G LTE.
Mitel’s ICS GW is based upon 3GPP specified principles for centralization and continuity of telecom services in the IMS domain to provide consistent user experience across the attached circuit-switched or packet-switched access types. Importantly, the ICS Gateway supports procedures required for both Circuit-Switched Fallback (CSFB) and Single Radio Voice Call Continuity (SRVCC) to help with evolutionary phases of LTE voice and communication services.
The ICS GW is an optimized, efficient gateway to IMS that provides enhanced MCS functions towards IMS based on I2/I3 interfaces, and legacy mobility and subscriber management functions towards BSC/RNC nodes based on A/Iu interfaces. The ICS GW includes comprehensive support for SMS, USSD and DTAP interworking along with mobility support for both intra and inter MSC interactions.
Mitel’s ICS GW is part of Mitel’s Unifed Access Gateway (UAG) family of products, which includes the Session Border Controller (SBC), and is based on the same fully virtualized, highly scalable software mOne® convergence platform. Mitel’s UAG family of products enables mobile operators to consolidate investments into a single core network, thus providing investment protection and reduced overall Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) as 4G LTE ramps up and operators have to maintain parallel access networks.
Key Features & Benefits
- Standards based, 3GPP Rel. 12 Compliant IMS Centralized Services
- Call related signaling and supplementary service management, via 3GPP standards-based ICS I2, and I3 interfaces
- Supports Authentication Interworking, Mobility Management, CSFB, and SRVCC procedures
- Provides Telephony Supplementary Service for SMS, USSD, DTMF and Interworking between CS and IMS domains
- Converts legacy bearer to IMS RTP
- Fully virtualized, highly scalable, robust software based solution