Mitel’s high performance MME is centrally deployed as a single logical entity with an independently scalable control plane designed to meet capacity requirements on the operator’s network.
Mitel’s Mobility Management Entity (MME) is 3GPP compliant Evolved Packet Core (EPC) network element that provides subscriber, session and mobility management functions, including control plane operations such as intra-LTE, intra and inter-3GPP mobility, paging, authentication, security procedures etc. The MME also provides critical functions such as tracking area list management, MME selection for handoff and roaming support with S6a interface towards the home HSS.
Based on Mitel’s mOne® software based convergence platform, MME provides a carrier grade, highly scalable and reliable solution that can be deployed on virtualized cloud-based infrastructure to provide high performance and deployment flexibility needed to meet the operator’s business and operational requirements.
Key Features & Benefits
- Standards based, 3GPP Rel 12 Compliant
- Unified support for all access types (GSM, WCDMA and LTE) allowing seamless mobility
- Carrier grade, highly scalable and reliable
- Deployment flexibility and high performance
- Fully Virtualized and software based