Signs Westcon-Comstor as a new master agent to address businesses’ growing demand for unified communications and collaboration as a service in the region
• Accelerates adoption of subscription-based unified communications and collaboration in the region
• Unlocks new business opportunities for the partners community and consultants in fast-growing UCaaS market
• Enables resellers to rely on the combined support and expertise of Mitel and Westcon-Comstor to move their customers to the cloud
Mitel®, a global leader in business communications, today announced it has signed a master agent agreement with Westcon-Comstor to expand availability of Mitel’s growing UCaaS portfolio across EMEA and APAC. The partnership will further accelerate Mitel’s go-to-market strategy for UCaaS and offer greater cloud choice for businesses in search of communications and collaboration solutions that are easy to use and quick to deploy. The new agreement follows Mitel’s appointment of Westcon-Comstor in July 2018 as pan-international distributor for Mitel’s UC portfolio.
Building upon the success of Mitel’s strong master agent relationships in North America, the expanded agreement enables Mitel and Westcon-Comstor to support the accelerating move to cloud in the EMEA and APAC regions, while helping sales partners and consultants gain access to new recurring revenue-based services and market segments and unlock additional business opportunities.
Globally, Mitel is a recognized leader in cloud communications services and serves approximately 4.6 million users, including 1.4 million UCaaS users. According to latest MZA estimations, the UCaaS market is expected to grow by 12.7% in Western Europe and 16.4% in APAC over the next four years. Over the past year, Mitel has seen increased demand for UCaaS services in these regions, with 51% user growth of its flagship UCaaS solution, MiCloud Connect. MiCloud Connect delivers all-in-one telephony, collaboration, messaging and contact center capabilities in a simple-to-manage, easy-to-use solution that enables users to communicate more productively from anywhere.
“Mitel and Westcon-Comstor have built a fruitful partnership over the past year, and we are excited to be expanding it today with the addition of our UCaaS portfolio,” said Rami Houbby, Vice President International UCaaS Sales, Mitel. “Mitel is uniquely positioned to offer customers a choice of ways to move communications to the cloud, depending on their business needs. With Westcon-Comstor on board, sales partners will be able to offer their customers simple, feature-rich, off-the-shelf cloud communications solutions at predictable monthly expense. In addition, no investment is required in infrastructure or resources from the sales partners side.”
“Today’s announcement underlines two trends we are seeing in the market: the steady shift to the cloud and progressive adoption of the master agent model in EMEA and APAC,” said René Klein, senior Vice President of Westcon Europe. “It’s an exciting time for Westcon-Comstor as we evolve our business to support these new trends and Mitel’s distribution strategy, adding value with our technical expertise and by creating net new opportunities. Naturally, we are delighted to have the opportunity to build upon our joint success to date.”
• Mitel ranks as the leading supplier of business communications systems in Western Europe (source: MZA) and the number two supplier of UCaaS solutions globally (source: Synergy).
• Mitel is the only brand recognized across the Gartner Magic Quadrants for Contact Center, Unified Communications and Unified Communications as a Service.
• Mitel led across six of ten performance categories in Eastern Management Group’s 2018 report on Mid-Market and Enterprise Customer Satisfaction.
• Download the whitepaper: “Cloud adoption as viewed by European companies.”
• Download the “Cloud Communications for Dummies” e-book.
A global market leader in business communications powering more than two billion business connections, Mitel helps businesses and service providers connect, collaborate and provide innovative services to their customers. Our innovation and communications experts serve more than 70 million business users in more than 100 countries. For more information, go to www.mitel.com and follow us on Twitter @Mitel.
Mitel is the registered trademark of Mitel Networks Corporation
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners
Camille Beasley, Media
Email: [email protected]