Global surge in demand for Mitel’s teleworking licenses up tenfold with collaboration tool usage up more than 500 percent across businesses of all sizes and industries
• Partnership with Google Cloud delivers higher levels of security, reliability and compliance for cloud communications.
• Businesses, hospitals, schools and public service agencies leverage enterprise-class communications to work from anywhere as they adapt to the impact of COVID-19.
• Free usage of Mitel’s cloud business communications system, MiCloud Connect, until 2021 to provide immediate communications capabilities for customers along with financial relief.
For many of the 70 million users Mitel supports each day, the COVID-19 crisis has turned remote working and real-time communications from a modern convenience into a necessity almost overnight. Shelter in place orders, travel bans, and daily uncertainties have led to a surge in demand for technologies that can help organizations maintain operational continuity, respond to questions and concerns from customers, patients or students, and stay connected as humans.
Mitel®, a global leader in business communications, and Google Cloud are enabling customers to adapt to this new way of working with secure, reliable and scalable solutions that allow users to communicate and collaborate from anywhere. Mobility and remote working solutions from Mitel underpin operations for organizations including Nottinghamshire Health Informatics Services, Tulane Health Science Center, First Assistance, Anna Freud Centre, University of Liverpool, Anaheim Union High School District, Beaverton School District, Taft School, London Borough of Waltham Forest, City of Atlantic Beach, City of Porvoo, Feefo, Festival Foods and others around the world.
In recent weeks, Mitel assisted critical frontline healthcare facilities, statewide government agencies, schools and universities, and even major professional sports organizations in making the shift to this “new normal”:
• Healthcare – With COVID-19, communications needs in the healthcare industry have pivoted from an efficiency driver to a critical, life-saving function for both patients and healthcare professionals. Hit hard by the virus, a large hospital in Cuneo, Italy, was able to deploy hundreds of DECT phones under 24 hours with the help of Mitel. In France, urgent requests from two regional hospitals led to delivery of hundreds of collaboration licenses in a single day and several hundred more a few days later.
• Government and education – Soon after one of the first U.S. states issued an emergency declaration related to COVID-19, Mitel rapidly equipped its health department contact center agents and staff with work-from-home capabilities, enabling the department to respond to increased inquiries and keep citizens safe. Mitel also helped a UK government organization enable 8,000 employees to work remotely while managing a deluge of calls from the public.
• Education – When the governor of Michigan made the state-wide decision to close schools, Zeeland Public Schools reached out to Mitel to set up softphone access for staff to work from home. The connectivity also allowed the district to coordinate meals for students as part of a special program.
• Sports and entertainment – The staff of San Diego Padres are using MiTeam Meetings to collaborate with voice, video and chat while working remotely. In-office capabilities also extend to their mobile devices, giving everyone a way to instantly connect and respond to fans. The San Francisco Giants are also keeping business operations running efficiently with softphone functionality, allowing front-office employees to make calls from their laptops and mobile devices.
As organizations look to quickly implement collaboration solutions that will support their new work requirements, Mitel has seen rapid growth in demand across its portfolio. Teleworking licenses for Mitel’s collaboration applications have increased tenfold, while usage of the company’s virtual meeting and workspace solution, MiTeam Meetings, has grown by more 500 percent. Similarly, usage of the MiCloud Connect Teamwork collaboration application has doubled in recent weeks, and healthcare organizations have prompted a spike in demand for portable devices such as DECT phones.
However, many businesses are also now facing difficult choices as operational and financial impacts of the pandemic begin to compound. Driven by an intent commitment to customers and partners, Mitel recently announced multiple special offers that provide financial relief for businesses while making it easy for them to be productive anywhere:
• Free MiCloud Connect Services until 2021 – Built on Google Cloud, MiCloud Connect delivers an easy-to-use, all-in-one cloud communications solution with calling, conferencing, collaboration and contact center capabilities.
• MiTeam Meetings 6-Month Trial – Mitel’s business-class virtual meeting and workspace enables seamless transitions between video, chat and voice for truly collaborative team experiences.
• 50% off all Self-Paced Training – All training courses are now available virtually and at discounted rates to support increased demand from customers and IT teams looking to help employees work from home effectively.
Learn more about Mitel’s remote working solutions and featured promotions.
“The San Francisco Giants’ longstanding partnership with Mitel has been invaluable in enabling a rapid, seamless transition to remote work for our entire front office. Giants staff may have left the ballpark for now, but thanks to Mitel, we haven’t missed a pitch,” said Bill Schlough, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer, San Francisco Giants.
“Our students and staff are always our top priority. We were quickly able to adapt to current challenges by moving to a remote system within 24 hours. This gave us the ability to also feed over 800 children, as we were able to keep our communication going during a difficult time,” said Mark Washington, Technology Office Director, Zeeland Public Schools.
”The COVID-19 crisis has dramatically changed the way we work, not only today but likely for the future as well,” said Mary McDowell, President and Chief Executive Officer, Mitel. “While Mitel has built its brand on giving customers choice in how they deploy communications, no organization should have to choose between a great communications experience and making ends meet. We’re committed to helping businesses power the connections that matter most with solutions that enable people to communicate and collaborate effectively, whether they’re in the office or at the kitchen table.”
• Mitel is a leading provider of cloud communications, enabling more than 5 million users, including 1.5 million UCaaS customers (Source: Synergy Research Group).
• MiCloud Connect was named a Best Business Tool of 2019 by Newsweek.
• Mitel is recognized as a Leader in the 2019 IDC MarketScape for Worldwide Unified Communications & Collaboration.
• Eastern Management ranks Mitel highest in mid-market and enterprise for customer satisfaction for premises and hosted PBX solutions.
• Read the blog: “The Workforce Evolution: Adapting to the Digital Office.”
• Read the blog: “16 Ways to Help Remote Workers Feel Like They’re in the Conference Room.”
• Download the white paper: “2019 Workplace Productivity and Communications Technology Report.”
A global market leader in business communications powering more than two billion business connections, Mitel helps businesses and service providers connect, collaborate and provide innovative services to their customers. Our innovation and communications experts serve more than 70 million business users in more than 100 countries. For more information, go to www.mitel.com and follow us on Twitter @Mitel.
Mitel is the registered trademark of Mitel Networks Corporation
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners
Camille Beasley, Media
Email: [email protected]