“ShoreTel is becoming the Apple Computer of the phone systems—focused on the end-user interface and simplicity. That’s what I rely on ShoreTel to do for us. ShoreTel is less expensive and simple. It’s about total cost of ownership.”
- Bruce Bartolf, Principal and Chief Technology Officer at Gensler
Gensler is one of the world’s largest architecture firms, with a portfolio of spectacular design projects including environmentally conscious LEED pedigreed airports and groundbreaking mixed-use projects to sleek towers and well-orchestrated planned communities. Founded in 1965, Gensler is headquartered in San Francisco, California, with more than 30 offices and 2,500 professionals located across five continents.
While Gensler’s business was booming, its existing Nortel Meridian PBX phone systems were aging. The firm was expanding into new geographies, new offices, and was making many phone changes and moves. The PBX inventory began falling outside active support, even though Gensler was still under contract with Nortel. Then, when the global economic downturn forced Gensler to trim its workforce by one-third, Bartolf was left with 1,000 extra phones and a need for extensively flexible telephony.
Gensler selected a ShoreTel UC Solution to deploy across its organization, including more than 3,400 ShoreTel IP Phones, ShoreTel Communicator, and ShoreTel Voice Switches. Benefits include:
- 90% reduction in maintenance costs
- 50% reduction in IT staff required to manage phone system worldwide
- Ability to easily scale up or down to accommodate changes in business
- Greater availability of global phone systems, with ShoreTel’s fully distributed IP-based architecture, automatic failover, and redundancy