How to Untangle: Contact Center Call Compliance
This is the sixth blog in our ‘How to Untangle’ series that highlights how eliminating complexity from unified communications solutions can help your business.
Optimizing the customer and prospective customer experience is a powerful way to reduce churn and increase sales, but many organizations are under constant pressure to lower costs. This often means reducing the amount of human interaction—the very foundation of a positive customer experience!
Is it possible to increase attentiveness while lowering the total cost of ownership (TCO) at the same time?
It is if you have the right contact center.
Unfortunately, many organizations still rely on separate communication and messaging systems to support customer service. These systems can be painfully difficult to integrate, leading to lost calls, forgotten emails and misdirected enquiries.
And as everyone knows, missed opportunity after missed opportunity quickly affects customer loyalty, brand reputation and the bottom line.
If you’re thinking about how to improve your contact center, make sure you consider the following capabilities:
- The power to balance automation and attentiveness. It must be easy for the customer to quickly reach the right agent or resource.
- A rich tool set so your support and sales team can communicate using the tools preferred by the customer or prospect—phone, email, chat, and so on.
- Instant access to relevant information so agents have the information they need at their fingertips to answer questions quickly and accurately and to take advantage of up-sell opportunities.
Communication with customers is the life blood of the organization, with the contact center as the heart. To keep up a healthy beat, consider the following questions when looking at new solutions:
- Is the solution a single, integrated system that can be fully distributed across the entire enterprise?
- Is it based on IP telephony technologies that support a virtual call center using home-based agents or groups of agents who can be located anywhere?
- Can the system integrate into existing CRM solutions, trouble ticketing solutions and other back-end databases?
- Does it include universal queuing of all incoming requests and ensure the call goes to the right agent no matter where that agent is located? Does it include optimized call routing by service level, skill matching, priority, customer identity, schedules and caller location?
- Does it include a unified desktop client that lets agents see the presence status of experts outside the call center to dramatically improve service and shorten the time to resolution?
- Will the system adapt to your organization’s workflow, or will it force your organization to adapt to it?
- Is the system easy to deploy and manage, and once deployed, are all the different capabilities of the system easy to learn and access?
If you’d like to learn more about how ShoreTel in particular can help untangle the challenge of your shrinking IT team and growing IT complexity, please contact your local ShoreTel reseller.