ShoreTel Mobility goes against conventional IT wisdom – counter to the complexity some vendors push. By design, ShoreTel marries its hallmark ease-of-use with uncompromising sophistication to deliver incredible value back to the enterprise, the IT team and the end user.
With today’s update to ShoreTel Mobility, IT professionals can now empower their users with enterprise UC on the smartphones they love, leveraging the IP PBX platform that they already have – all while reducing costs and securing enterprise communications.
ShoreTel Mobility can help organizations reduce their mobile phone bills by up to 70 percent on a broad range of smartphones. With software that simply switches networks intelligently and automatically between wireless and cellular for the best option available at any given moment, ShoreTel Mobility can dramatically reduce international roaming and direct dial charges on smartphones.
“We’ve been using ShoreTel Mobility for several years on a Cisco PBX and it enables a more responsive and accessible workforce, while increasing cost-savings because our users only need a single device for both on- and off-premise contact. With the new version of ShoreTel Mobility we will now have full support for our Blackberry Torch and Android users, allowing fully integrated use for all the most popular devices.”
- Bill Klosa, lead network analyst at S&C Electric
IT Team Value
ShoreTel Mobility empowers the IT group to manage the security risk of enterprise communication in a BYOD environment in a way that doesn’t hinder productivity. With only a single solution to manage and deploy, despite the number of IP PBXs, UC systems and mobile device platforms deployed simultaneously across their enterprise, ShoreTel Mobility eases the workload of IT staff allowing them to focus on more business-critical missions.
ShoreTel Mobility is easy to adopt since there is little to no learning curve given the transparent integration with the native dialer on the user’s smartphone. Dual persona ensures easy separation of personal and business identities on a single mobile device, while extending the full power of a deskphone and UC capabilities to the mobile user. Seamless and automatic selection of the best available network – Wi-Fi or cellular – without the user having to think about it, sets them free to communicate from anywhere.
“Our convention centre includes 160,000 square feet spread over three floors. ShoreTel Mobility will turn smartphones into a device on our PBX, allowing our users to make and receive calls wherever they might be in the building, just as if they were at their desks.”
- Harvey Cohen, manager of information systems at the Winnipeg Convention Centre.
So What’s New?
- Enable corporate communication applications on employee-owned smartphones and tablets, reducing support costs and burden with a simple and easy separation of personal and business identities on a single mobile device.
- Native telephony interface integration on Android OS 2.2+ such as Motorola ATRIX 4G, Samsung Galaxy S, Motorola Droid X2, HTC Droid Incredible 2, and Motorola Droid.
- Full-feature suite available for the latest devices on the BlackBerry OS 6 platform, including the Blackberry Torch 9800, Bold 9700, and Bold 9780.
- Ongoing support for Apple iOS devices, including the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.