ShoreTel 12: UC Simplified
Twice the capacity. Enhanced collaboration tool. Mass adoption across the enterprise. It’s ShoreTel 12. Unified Communications just got simplified for companies of all sizes.
This morning at Interop, we announced the release of ShoreTel 12 – the latest version of our award-winning UC software. It is now available for new customer orders and will ship before the end of the second quarter.
Designed to take advantage of the uptick in enterprise spending on audio conferencing, Web conferencing and Instant Messaging (IM), ShoreTel 12 gives end users easy access to several new collaborative and productivity-enhancing features – all available at your fingertips.
Enabling collaboration can now be completed in less than 10 minutes. Add a new user with one simple click, for example. And, with ShoreTel Director, the intuitive browser-based admin interface, the system can be distributed across an organization of up to 20,000 local or remote users. But the excitement doesn’t stop there:
- Collaboration Tools for Every Employee: Users are empowered to increase collaboration with integrated audio conferencing, Web conferencing and IM incorporated into its core architecture, simplifying deployment and management of the system.
- Support for Large Enterprises: ShoreTel 12 doubles the capacity from its latest software release and allows enterprise customers of up to 20,000 users to be supported under a single image.
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 Integration: Users can schedule and join audio conferences with one-click directly on the Microsoft Outlook feature menu. Presence indications are also available within Microsoft Outlook, allowing users to initiate a call or IM conversation and flag for presence changes.
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 Integration: ShoreTel 12 adds Microsoft Exchange 2010 as an option to act as Unified Messaging Server, allowing customers to leverage any existing investment in Microsoft Exchange deployments.
- Native Apple Macintosh User Support: In support of the rapidly growing number of Apple Macintosh users in the enterprise, ShoreTel 12 now features a native Mac application called ShoreTel Communicator for Mac.
- Support for Mobile Users: ShoreTel Communicator now extends UC features to support mobile users on the Apple iPhone, BlackBerry and other popular mobile devices.
Want to see what else ShoreTel’s got to offer? Check out our booth (#933) if you’re at Interop this week, or stay tuned to the blog and @shoretel on Twitter.