ShoreTel Mobility Wins TMC Product of the Year Award
As today's workforce continues to embrace the anytime, anywhere worker, mobile communications have been key to a company's success. With ShoreTel Mobility, organizations can extend unified communications (UC) applications to smartphones and tablets so workers can achieve maximum productivity anytime, anywhere.
“Congratulations to ShoreTel Mobility for being honored with a 2015 Communications Solutions Product of the Year Award,” said Rich Tehrani, CEO of TMC. “ShoreTel Mobility 8 is truly an innovative product and is amongst the best solutions that facilitate voice, data and video communications brought to market in the past twelve months. I look forward to continued excellence from ShoreTel Mobility in 2015 and beyond.”
Research firm Tech Pro Research has indicated that 74 percent of businesses are already using or will soon be adopting a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy. ShoreTel Mobility 8 was designed as a response to the growing need for quality mobile UC.
Major Enhancements of Mobility 8
The latest version of ShoreTel mobility has three major enhancements that helped it earn recognition from TMC.
- Mobile-enabled video conferencing. Mobility 8 enables video conferencing between Android and iOS mobile devices. Mobile users can now participate in all types of video sessions, including desktop users, other mobile users and room-based video communication users. Video conferencing is the third most popular form of communication, coming in behind voice and email. Now, mobile users are well equipped to participate in video conferences.
- Introduction of a virtualized ShoreTel Mobility Router. On-premise customers can use the virtualization of the ShoreTel Mobile router to assist with deployment. The improved flexibility provided by this router helps IT departments tailor Mobility 8 to their needs.
- Integration with ShoreTel Communicator desktop call-control suite. Having access to Communicator allows Mobility users to have the same interface on both platforms.
Putting the Apple Watch to Work
ShoreTel Mobility became one of the first UC applications for the Apple Watch. Apple Watch users can now stay in touch with the workplace while leaving their phone in their pockets. Now, directly from their wrists, Apple Watch users are capable of:
- Collaborating with favorite contacts, including initiating an enterprise call throughout WiFi, data or cellular service
- Answer or deny incoming enterprise calls
- Redial an enterprise call that was missed
- View and update your presence and available
- Join a collaboration session with one tap
- View and reply to secure instant messaging, either with predefined messages or speaking into the watch
An Award Winning Mobile Solution
ShoreTel Mobility 8 is proud to receive this recognition from TMC, an authority in the world of communications. This new mobile solution allows ShoreTel to further enhance its offering by providing new tools and services to the modern enterprise.