Step behind the scenes in this exclusive one on one interview as Daryl Reva, Mitel VP Cloud Marketing discusses mobility, contact center and cloud with Ray Chan, Director of Information Technology for the San Diego Padres.
Hear how changing customer expectations, employee mobility and the rigors of hosting the 87th annual MLB All-Star Game inspired a major technology overhaul, including:
- A move to the Cloud
- Technology integrations in the contact center
- UCC and team collaboration applications
What you’ll learn:
- How the Padres use mobile collaboration tools to keep an internal network of world travelers, scouts and road warriors connected anywhere in the world
- How the Padres call center was redesigned to deliver personalized customer experiences and ensure optimal productivity
- What key benefits of the cloud influenced the Padres to make the switch from their premises-based system
Exclusive IT Insights from the San Diego Padres: Mobility, Contact Center and Cloud
Ray Chan, Director of Information Technology at San Diego Padres
Ray Chan is a seasoned IT Leader with 20+ years of experience working in the technology field and is currently the Director of Information Technology for the San Diego Padres. Ray's past IT roles include Director of Information Technology at Enterprise Partners Venture Capital, IT Manger at Pepsi Bottling Group in Southern California, and for ideaEDGE Ventures. Ray also worked in network support for Gateway Computers, Lockheed-Martin, Wells Fargo Bank, and Alvarado Medical Center.
Daryl Reva, Vice President – Cloud Marketing at Mitel
Want a sneak peek? Check out this video with Ray Chan of the San Diego Padres >