Access to mobile-first communications and collaboration tools for business customers results in more than 300,000 new users in the last 12 months
• Industry analysts indicate growing demand for cloud services unlocks new market and recurring revenue opportunities
• Mitel and service providers look to capitalize on 12.4% CAGR in European UCaaS market over four years
• Advanced capabilities drive communications and collaboration for today’s mobile-first world
Within a year of reaching one million cloud users in Europe through its MiCloud Telepo for Service Providers offering, Mitel® continues to expand in the region, gaining more than 300,000 additional users. The double-digit percentage increase reflects growing demand for unified communications-as-a-service (UCaaS) solutions, as mobile operators seek new revenue-generating opportunities and businesses demand always up-to-date and flexible ways of communicating and collaborating.
MiCloud Telepo features simple-to-deploy, easy-to-integrate systems and applications that can be used to accelerate speed to market for new offerings and drive competitive advantage. Broadening their portfolios to offer subscription-based cloud services also enables service providers to benefit from a recurring revenue model and increased opportunities for customer retention. In turn, their customers can quickly access the latest collaboration applications specially-designed for the modern, mobile world of business while enjoying a predictable, monthly cost.
A leader in global business communications, Mitel partners with more than 20 mobile operators worldwide to drive cloud growth including, 3 (Sweden & Denmark), Setera and SolunoBC, as well as three of the top four mobile operators in Sweden.
“As enterprises embrace new ways of enabling their employees to work, the demands for service providers to deliver mobile solutions is increasing. Cavell’s latest research shows service providers are looking for ways to deliver enterprise-grade communications to their customers regardless of location, and mobility solutions play a key role in this,” said Dominic Black, Senior Market Analyst, Cavell Group. “Mobile operators who can take advantage of their network to offer UCaaS services over mobile are seeing success in all segments of the market, although Cavell believes that the SME segment will be a key area of success in the near future."
“As an early entrant into the European UCaaS market, Mitel has enabled fast-moving service providers to capitalize on cloud communications. We’re seeing more of them leveraging cloud to increase their market share in the micro and SME segments, and even scale to meet the needs of large enterprises,” said Rami Houbby, Vice President International Cloud Sales, Mitel. “While cloud migration rates vary by country, it’s clear they’re advancing, and it is anticipated that the demand will further rise as digital transformation becomes even more of an imperative.”
• Mitel powers more than 4.6 million cloud seats as well as 1.3 million UCaaS seats for service providers worldwide.
• Mitel ranks as the leading supplier of business communications systems in Western Europe and among the top three brands in North America (source: MZA).
• Mitel is the only brand recognized across the Gartner Magic Quadrants for Contact Center, Unified Communications and Unified Communications as a Service.
• Download the “Cloud Communications for Dummies” e-book.
• Download the whitepaper: “Cloud adoption as viewed by European companies.”
A global market leader in business communications powering more than two billion business connections, Mitel helps businesses and service providers connect, collaborate and provide innovative services to their customers. Our innovation and communications experts serve more than 70 million business users in more than 100 countries. For more information, go to www.mitel.com and follow us on Twitter @Mitel.
Mitel is the registered trademark of Mitel Networks Corporation
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners
Camille Beasley, Media