“The use of mobile apps during Super Bowl® LI facilitated a paradigm shift in the way public safety communicated by augmenting voice radio with messages, pictures, video sharing, location services and more. We are leading the way in operationalizing the use of data in public safety and hope that the industry is able to learn from the great success we had at Super Bowl.”
-Shing Lin, Director, Harris County Public Safety Technology Services
- Responsible for hosting an estimated 1.3 million people in one weekend during one of the largest sporting events in the country.
- Need for several law enforcement agencies to communicate in real time with text,voice and images.
- Critical need for alternative to radios and basic cell phone applications that did not meet the security and inter-agency needs of first responders.
- Officers identified a suspicious-looking individual who had an outstanding felony warrant.
- Public safety teams shared photographs of counterfeit merchandise vendors.
- Users annotated and shared pictures to speed up the process of securing the event, including locating lost individuals.