- Mitel®(NASDAQ:MITL), a trusted provider of unified communications software solutions, today announced that Mark Barnes & Associates has selected the Mitel 5000 Communications Platform (CP) to optimize the workflow of its law firm.
- Mark Barnes & Associates has offices and employees located in the U.S. and Europe and must stay in touch with clients around the clock, operating seamlessly and cost-effectively as a single company though working in multiple locations across different time zones.
- In order to unify employees in all locations and better serve the needs of its client base, Mark Barnes & Associates relied upon a 15-year relationship with Mitel's channel partner, Leading Communications Design, to determine which solutions best suited the firm's needs.
- The latest software version of the Mitel 5000 CP, which includes support for the new 5000 HX Controller hardware appliance, provides seamless private networking functionality, linking all the firm's sites as if they are in the same physical location.
- Capabilities also include embedded voicemail, automatic call distribution, teleworking, softphone communications, mobility, and presence information.
- Mobility functionality is key, as the firm's employees travel extensively. With the Mitel 5000 HX Controller, employees have access to a range of capabilities that include a single number identity and voicemail box, twinning to have desk phones and mobile phones ring simultaneously, and the ability to send and receive voicemail as wave files to BlackBerry devices and other handheld devices.
- Designed for small businesses, the Mitel 5000 HX Controller uses an open architecture and standard communications protocols to provide a wide range of applications. It enables businesses to network geographically dispersed employees and locations, whether they are connecting offices and applications together over a data network, or deploying digital and IP phones to employees.
- The Mitel 5000 HX Controller provides access to the following capabilities:
-- Deep applications portfolio -- Using a wide range of embedded applications as a base, customers can build on a rich set of UC applications with the Mitel Applications Suite (MAS) for the Mitel 5000 CP. This offers customers the ability to customize application rollout based on end-user role requirements -- Mitel leading IP and digital desktop phone portfolio -- Supports Mitel Unified Communicator(R) (UC) Advanced and Mitel Unified Communicator(R) (UC) Express, as well as softphones with SIP lineside support -- Easy-to-use embedded mobility -- Dynamic Extension Express, Unified Communicator Advanced and Unified Communicator Express with Microsoft(R) integration, and support for IP DECT wireless solutions -- Simplified deployment administration -- Supports up to 99 networked sites with feature transparency -- Customized time settings and call configurations based on location -- Business continuity -- Allows scheduling backup of both system and voicemail data to separate media store
- In addition to the Mitel 5000, Mark Barnes & Associates has deployed 14 Mitel 5340 IP Phones. The 5340 IP Phone is a next-generation desktop device with a large graphical display, one-touch access to features, web applications and with extensive customizability.
- Key features include the ability to skip easily between directories for the company's offices and other directories, a visual display that provides location and availability presence about co-workers and efficient dialing and routing of domestic and international numbers.
- The deployment of Mitel's solution, combined with unparalleled support, means that Mark Barnes & Associates can focus on servicing its clients rather than day-to-day IT challenges.
"Mitel's expansive portfolio of SMB solutions makes it easy to meet the specific needs of a law firm like Mark Barnes & Associates. The issues of disparate locations and mobility are on the rise globally, and Mark Barnes & Associates now has the ability to operate seamlessly across geographies and handle client needs anytime, anywhere. It's very rewarding to see the real-world result of Mitel's innovation."
- Rick Dell, President, US, Mitel
"With Mitel, what we have is basically a virtual private network linking all our sites as if they were actually in the same physical location. Not only can I direct dial a colleague in Germany just as if they were in Washington, I can conference them or any other colleague as if they were just two doors down in a central office. It's just a very natural, seamless way of communicating with people down the hallway or half way across the world, and the advantage is that people can more naturally conduct their workflow."
- Mark Barnes, Founder and Principal, Mark Barnes & Associates
About Mark Barnes & Associates
Mark Barnes & Associates advises clients on all matters relating to the firearms industry, including global commerce issues and U.N. policy. The firm represents trade associations, individual Federal Firearms Licensees, manufacturers, importers and exporters in a wide variety of regulatory and legislative matters before the executive, judicial, and legislative branches of the government. In addition, the firm represents clients in international trade, business, and global firearms matters, as well as product liability and other consumer product matters relating to the firearms trade.
Mitel Networks (NASDAQ:MITL) is a global provider of business communications solutions and services, consisting of unified communications and collaboration software applications, IP telephony platforms, mobility applications and managed and network services. Mitel enables businesses of all sizes to move beyond basic fixed telephony tools toward integrated multi-media collaboration solutions, accessible from anywhere, helping to improve performance, gain competitive advantage, and reduce costs. Mitel's global headquarters are in Ottawa, Canada, US headquarters are in Chandler, Arizona and EMEA headquarters are in Caldicot, UK, with offices, partners, and resellers worldwide.
Mitel and the Mitel logo are registered trademarks of Mitel Networks Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE: Mitel Networks Corporation
Danielle McNeil (media) 613-592-2122 x4643 firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @Danielle_McNeil Megan Lane (media) 617-779-1854 email@example.com Twitter: @BostonPRPro Kevin Johnson (analysts) 613-592-2122 x6690 firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @Kevin_Johnson Cynthia Hiponia (investor relations) 613-592-2122 x1992 email@example.com
Copyright © 2010 Marketwire. All rights reserved.
News Provided by COMTEX