"Our business users need tools that allow them to work easily, intuitively, and consistently. They're swamped, and they don't have the time or desire to configure and connect to multiple or complicated interfaces," said
Key highlights of MAS 4.0's collaboration and mobility features for end-users include:
- Web-based Collaboration, without client downloads, to support spontaneous collaboration — In addition to a completely redesigned user interface, Mitel Collaboration Advanced (MCA) includes a new Web-based collaboration portal, designed to give collaboration participants a hassle-free collaboration experience without the need to download a client.
- Secure Instant Messaging and Dynamic Presence on mobile devices — Unified Communicator Advanced (UCA) Mobile,
Mitel'smobile client software, now enables secure instant messaging and real-time presence, giving employees visibility of their colleagues status, so they can choose the most effective way to communicate with them. These new features are available now on the Android and Blackberry clients, with availability on the Apple iOS client soon to follow. The UCA Web Portal has also been completely redesigned to provide faster navigation from any device with a web browser, and now enables secure instant messaging and real-time presence information.
MAS 4.0 also offers several new features to make IT's job easier, including:
Simplified Administration—MAS 4.0 extends its single management interface to provision users with complete UCC functionality and manage the solution across the entire enterprise, aimed at saving precious IT time and effort.
- Extended Virtualization — strengthening
Mitel'sleadership in virtualization, MAS 4.0 supports VMware's vSphere 5.0, enabling it to be deployed alongside other business applications in the data center, and vCenter management tools, enabling the solution to be managed like any other virtual application, with the latest VMware infrastructure.
- Increased Scalability — support for up to 1,500 users with full unified communications and collaboration functionality.
"UCC simplicity and ease-of-use is critical to adding value in an enterprise — both for the end-user and for IT," said
- Download a commissioned study conducted by
Forrester Consulting, "The Total Economic Impact of Mitel Virtual solutions" http://discover.mitel.com/Forrester_report.html
Mitel'sreport on virtualization and UC featuring Gartner: www.mitel.com/gartner-virtualization-newsletter
- Twitter: @
- Blog: www.mitel.com/mitelfreedom
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.