OTTAWA, Ontario, Nov. 22, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE)
Mitel® (Nasdaq:MITL), a leading provider of Unified Communications and Collaboration (UCC) software solutions, today announced that educational testing company, Measurement, Inc., has selected Mitel's Freedom Architecture to replace its existing communications infrastructure and provide true voice virtualization across its entire organization. The Freedom Architecture's single software stream gives Measurement, Inc. the ability to use Mitel's entire suite of Unified Communications (UC) applications on industry standard servers in a virtualized environment, designed to allow absolute flexibility in tailoring the solution to meet the company's communications needs.
Measurement, Inc. evaluated offerings from several major communications software providers. Ultimately, they decided on Mitel's solution because it offers a seamless and scalable path to support over 1000 devices, and one of the only UC platforms currently available that is capable of running in a truly virtualized environment. The solution currently connects the five buildings at Measurement's main campus in Durham, NC.
The company expects to add several hundred more endpoints to its voice network within the next few years, so reliability, scalability and TCO, were of the utmost importance during the final decision-making process.
"Out of the candidates we evaluated, the Mitel solution was able to take advantage of our High Availability and Data Recovery tools and we could deploy it alongside other apps on the same virtual machine" said Ben Pryor, VMware Specialist at Measurement, Inc. "To us, being able to fold the voice network into our VMware datacenter represents the communications holy grail. So, while we initially had our doubts about virtualizing voice due to the potential strain on network resources, stability, and management, we're pleased to say that the Mitel solution has effectively met all of our needs."
Measurement, Inc.'sMitel solution incorporates the following elements:
- Virtual Mitel Communications Director is the industry's first fully virtualized voice processing software application and the core component of the Mitel Virtual Solutions suite, Virtual MCD, is a virtual telephony services platform that provides IP-PBX features for small to large enterprises. The virtual appliance uses open standard definitions, and can be deployed on any VMware vSphere 4 certified industry standard server. With Virtual MCD, you can access the full range of standard MCD telephony features such as Dynamic Extension, clustering, resiliency support, SIP service provider interconnect, and multi-node management.
- Virtual Mitel Applications Suite unifies business-critical applications into an easy-to-use, cost-effective solution which is designed to help simplify communications while increasing productivity, enhance customer service and collaboration, and reduce total cost of ownership. Virtual MAS delivers capabilities such as unified messaging, voice mail, speech-enabled auto-attendant, mobility, teleworking and sophisticated audio and web conferencing in a single- or multi- application deployment.
- Virtual Contact Center Solutions applications are designed for sophisticated contact centers of all sizes, from small, single-site contact centers, to distributed, multi-site, virtual contact centers. Designed to ensure business continuity, these robust applications deliver resiliency and high availability.
- Virtual Mitel Border Gateway enables secure deployment of multiple services in a number of network edge configurations. The consolidated multi-service virtual appliance is designed to provide secure, trusted connectivity between the enterprise LAN and the Public Internet, allowing Mitel IP PBX platforms and application servers to work seamlessly behind a company firewall.
- Mitel Teleworker is enabled by Mitel Border Gateway, and provides companies with a back up strategy to continue business operations by enabling employees to continue to work from geographically remote locations.
- Virtual Unified Communicator Advanced combines the call control capabilities of Mitel communications platforms with contact management, dynamic status and collaboration applications to simplify and enhance real-time communications. The Virtual UC Advanced appliance provides a single access point for all business communication and collaboration needs. It gives control over business communications, and allows real-time access to everyone in the organization, on or off the premises, with user and phone presence information that makes every phone call or instant message (IM) count, and simple ways to manage personal communications.
"Measurement, Inc. approached our channel partner, ATCOM, with a very specific set of requirements that would allow them to scale their communications in support of expected business growth over the next decade," said Stephen Beamish, Mitel's vice president of Corporate Marketing and Strategic Alliances. "By deploying our virtual solution, Measurement has gained access to a wide range of integrated communications tools, which are designed to help them effectively streamline and manage its communications now, and in the future."
For more information on the Mitel Freedom Architecture, visit www.mitel.com/freedom.
Mitel (Nasdaq:MITL) is a global provider of business communications and collaboration software and services. Mitel's Freedom architecture provides the flexibility and simplicity organizations need to support today's dynamic work environment. Through a single cloud-ready software stream, Mitel delivers a powerful suite of advanced communications and collaboration capabilities that provides freedom from walled garden architectures and enables organizations to implement best-of-breed solutions on any network; extends the "in-office" experience anywhere, on any device; and offers choice of commercial options to fit business needs. For more information, visit: http://www.mitel.com
The Mitel Networks Corporation logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=7323
Mitel and the Mitel logo are registered trademarks of Mitel Networks Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.