Sullivan County Community Hospital Deploys Mitel Unified Communications Solution Suite
Mitel solutions selected for efficiency, scalability, disaster recovery capabilities in facility expansion
- Mitel®, the trusted provider of unified communications solutions, today announced that Sullivan County Community Hospital in Sullivan, Indiana has selected Mitel's unified communications solution for its acute care facility.
- Sullivan County Community Hospital is deploying Mitel's solutions in order to improve the reliability, scalability and cost-effectiveness of its voice system in the face of expansion and regional integration with other medical facilities.
- Gibson Teldata, a Mitel authorizedPARTNER, assisted the hospital with evaluating Mitel's range of offerings, including solutions to replace existing technology from Nortel.
- Sullivan County Community Hospital ultimately purchased the Mitel Communications Director; Mitel Applications Suite, including Mitel NuPoint Unified Messaging™ and Mitel Unified Communicator® (UC) Mobile; Mitel Call Accounting; and Mitel IP DECT Wireless Solutions.
- The following motivations prompted the hospital's decision to deploy Mitel's solutions:
o Efficiency: The hospital can quickly add, move, and change single extensions or entire departments and no longer has to work around their phone system when planning projects.
o ROI: Sharing fiber connecting campuses between data and voice was far less expensive than a healthcare grade SmartNet. Mitel Call Accounting further improves ROI by allowing them to defray costs across tenants.
o Hotdesking: Employees have immediate access to personal phone settings from any location, enabling sharing of resources and more dynamic patient care.
o Teleworking: Provides employees with the seamless ability to work from anywhere with the same features as they would have in the office and enables bricks-and-mortar savings.
o Disaster recovery: Agents can access personal desktops and phone extensions anywhere, allowing fast recovery in the event of power failure or similar event.
"With the construction of new facilities to augment our main campus, as well as increased integration with other medical providers in the area, it was imperative that we upgrade our communications systems. In healthcare, efficiency and disaster recovery are key concerns, so this new technology had to provide immediate benefits in both areas—no exceptions. Thanks to Mitel and Gibson Teldata, we've rolled out an end-to-end solution that meets the needs of our staff and our patients, and provides the ROI that is crucial in any major technology purchase."
- Ron Shake, Facilities Director, Sullivan County Community Hospital
"At Mitel, our focus is on providing stellar communications solutions that grow with our customers, no matter how many employees or locations they have. Sullivan County Community Hospital had very specific needs in various areas, and together with our partner Gibson Teldata, we were able to meet those needs point by point with innovative, cost-effective solutions. This deployment is an excellent example of how organizations need to be thinking about communications during a facility expansion."
- Rick Dell, President, U.S., Mitel
"Sullivan County Community Hospital had a unique set of requirements for their telecommunications purchase. Through a thorough evaluation, we were able to determine which Mitel solutions best aligned with the hospital’s pain points, to solve existing challenges and prevent new ones after the expansion was completed. The result is a system that will benefit Sullivan County Community Hospital for years to come, and grow as the facility grows."
- Mathew Igleheart, Senior Solutions Consultant, Gibson Teldata Inc.
About Gibson Teldata
Our philosophy is built on the understanding that merely providing equipment does not solve business problems; providing knowledge is key. An excellent implementation of the wrong plan can cost you time and money. That is why Gibson Teldata focuses on the long-term solution, one that provides you with an enduring partnership and offers the right mix of technology, integrated effectively within your operations and aligned with your goals. This approach creates greater value and gives your company a competitive edge. Contact the Terre Haute headquarters at 812-232-6287 or www.bgibson.com.
About Sullivan County Community Hospital
Sullivan County Community Hospital is a 25-bed acute care facility located on the north side of Sullivan, Indiana. Our hospital offers a variety of outpatient services including, but not limited to, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, laboratory services, outpatient surgery, respiratory therapy, radiology and emergency room. Sullivan County Community Hospital works cooperatively with local healthcare providers, businesses, schools, churches and organizations to address community healthcare needs, and to provide a continuum of care which is beneficial in the healing process.
Mitel delivers flexibility and simplicity in smart unified communications solutions and applications for organizations of all sizes. Combined with a full range of managed services that include voice and data network design and traffic provisioning, custom application development, and attractive financing options, Mitel is reinventing how successful organizations gain competitive advantage by easily collaborating and communicating over distance and time with customers, colleagues and partners. Mitel's (www.mitel.com) US headquarters are in Phoenix, Arizona. Global headquarters are in Ottawa, Canada, with offices, partners, and resellers worldwide.
Mitel and logo are registered trademarks of Mitel Networks Corporation.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.