VoIP Reliability – Risk Management – Enterprise Security
Mitel sky VoIP Infrastructure Overview
Want to get out of the business of running your phone system while making sure you have highest reliability? Want to always have the most up-to-date features without the hassle of upgrading your servers?
The Mitel Sky VoIP phone system replaces separate carriers and infrastructure with applications and services delivered through the Internet or private cloud connection. Reliability and business continuity are assured because of our redundant network architecture has automatic failover built in.View Demo
Why You Can Depend on Mitel Sky Hosted Phone Service
Redundancy and Business Continuity
As a managed, hosted VoIP solution, Mitel understands that businesses of all sizes demand enterprise-class data integrity, application reliability and physical safeguards. The Mitel goal of eliminating all single points of failure is the reason for our investment in several levels of redundancy to maximize up-time for your business. You deserve the most reliable VoIP service. Period. To do this Mitel Sky uses:
- A range of Tier1 voice and data providers, affording significant redundancy and enhanced call completion and data connectivity capabilities
- Daily off-site backup of customer configuration data
- Connectivity with individual telephone and data carriers that spans multiple locations. If connectivity to one location is lost, calls will be rerouted to another location
- Our own IP 400 phones, which take the guesswork out of software upgrades and carry assurance of support, removing the risk involved when using third-party devices
- System and server virtualization to quickly restore to new hardware in the event of a failure
- Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) is utilized for customer connectivity, delivering an efficient and scalable network
- A multidisciplinary team of Mitel engineers and operations professionals to review our threat assessment and disaster recovery protocols
Mitel Sky Call Conductor
Not all hosted VoIP services are the same. Many providers utilize core technology that is developed and maintained by a third party. One thing that sets us apart is that we have developed our own softswitch software. Mitel Sky Call Conductor, accessed via Mitel Sky Portal, is the heart of our managed hosted VoIP solution and is engineered to be the most reliable hosted phone system available.
At Mitel we believe that every customer should understand the source of that infrastructure. Contact an Mitel expert today to learn more about our Call Conductor and the questions you should ask of any vendor you evaluate.
The Mitel Sky UCaaS system consists of multiple components: the network, the softswitch clusters, the carriers and databases. Customer information is stored in a shared database and that database is replicated to additional data centers. To ensure that we meet the high level of availability that our customers require, we continually improve our network with the most advanced routers and switches available, we develop our own softswitch and connect with over eight PSTN carriers. Our network architecture is designed so our core and distribution routers are redundant and have no single point of failure.
In the event that any device in the network fails, a secondary device is readily available and configured to take over and reroute traffic where needed. Our system consists of multiple clusters and each cluster is configured with a standby server which can take over in the event that the primary Call Conductor experiences any issues. Back up circuits are also available as an option.
- Post installation data networking maintenance support
- Setup of data network monitoring tools such as SNMP, S-Flow, Net-Flow, etc.
- Rack and stack or physical connections of equipment (i.e. Remote Support Only)
- Mitel purchase/resale of non-Mitel equipment and/or shipping
Mitel Sky utilizes state-of-the-art co-location data center facilities in Dallas and Chicago. In the unlikely event that a man made or natural disaster prevents a data center in one location from operating, the backup location will be called into use to restore core services and minimize any downtime for our clients.
Having this VoIP infrastructure ready and available in a different part of the country provides the customer stability and confidence of continued operations in the face of severe events such as widespread blackouts, hurricanes, terrorism, and regional carrier outages. The geographic redundancy components of the network include voice carriers, Internet service providers, Mitel Sky Call Conductor, Mitel Sky Contact Center, the databases, access networks and other applications.iew
Mitel Sky utilizes industry best practices to assure that our network is well protected against known threats. To assure that our systems are protected from attackers, we deploy the best breed of firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems. These measures provide protection against SYN, TCP Flooding, and other types of DDoS attacks. Our external facing devices are tightly monitored and maintained in order to stay a step ahead of hacking threats.
Mitel Sky voice architecture includes Session Border Controller (SBC). SBC’s enforce security, quality of service, and admission control mechanism over the VoIP sessions. SBC’s provide firewall services to protect the IP Phone from possible attacks, acts as a gatekeeper, and functions as point of demarcation between our upstream PSTN peering service provider networks.
Mitel is subject to numerous State and Federal Information Security and Privacy laws and regulations, which if not complied with, could potentially result in fines, audits, loss of member confidence, and direct financial impacts to the company. Compliance with all applicable regulations is the responsibility of every employee at Mitel.
Mitel Sky’s business-quality VoIP service helps to protect customers by providing:
- A fully managed network architecture featuring virtually segmented voice and data networks, user authentication, and access control lists
- Specialized equipment such as firewalls and Session Border Controllers
- 24×7 toll fraud monitoring
- While security can never be completely guaranteed, Mitel Sky customers can be assured that Mitel Sky has implemented a variety of strategies to help keep the Mitel Sky VoIP network secure.
Mitel experts are available to provide either an initial installation service when your Mitel systems are first purchased or assistance when you chose to upgrade to a new Mitel software release. Experienced project managers and Mitel engineers help ensure all goes smoothly whether they assist remotely or are onsite for the process.