In today’s workplace, the office walls have dissolved. There are people on every team working from home or on the road, in coffee shops or in flight. Their colleagues may live and work in another city, across borders or oceans away. Yet even so, the pace of work continues to accelerate, which means collaboration and communication must be seamless and in real time.
This is why many employees use their own mobile devices and gravitate toward standalone messaging and video conferencing apps. But this approach isn’t ideal and, in an effort to be more connected, we find ourselves endlessly switching between applications and logging in multiple times.
For a true collaboration experience, today’s workforce needs an all-in-one solution that lets them communicate and collaborate across time zones as if they were in the same room. With the launch of MiTeam Meetings, Mitel emerges as the only vendor to provide this experience.
MiTeam Meetings makes collaboration much more efficient and meetings increasingly productive. With all the information employees need available from a single workspace, team members find it easier to work, share and store project details.
Here’s how this new all-in-one collaboration app will enable you to work better:
- Connect to the office from anywhere. As a 100 percent cloud-based video app, MiTeam Meetings makes all your contacts, data and documents available from any mobile device or desktop computer. You’re no longer tethered to a physical location. Wherever you are, you have easy access to all the details about your latest project.
- Do away with multiple tabs. With a piecemeal solution, it’s all too common to end up with multiple apps, browsers and tabs open across your desktop or mobile device. MiTeam Meetings eliminates that hassle. One window provides a comprehensive view of your work and access to all your communications.
- Stay on point. A key benefit of all-in-one solutions is that meetings become more focused and more efficient. When you’re switching among windows, it’s easy to get distracted by unrelated items. But when you never leave the environment, it’s easy to stay on-point and on-task.
- Close the conversation gaps. How often do you start a conversation in chat, then realize you’d accomplish more with a verbal discussion? With MiTeam Meetings, you can seamlessly transition between talk, chat and even video.
- Hop into a virtual meeting room. More than one person involved in resolving an escalating issue? You can also start instant meetings right from your chat thread or phone call.
- Invite all experts―and then some. Many projects require input from a variety of professionals to move to the next level. With its multi-pane view, MiTeam Meetings allows up to 16 of your colleagues to appear on video at once. If more voices are needed, you can invite up to 100 participants to gather on a single meeting bridge.
- Always be in the right place at the right time. No matter where team members are (a conference room in the next building, a hotel room 400 miles away or a home office on the far coast), they’re able to collaborate seamlessly. MiTeam Meetings allows you to communicate across time zones and geographies as though you were in the same room.
- Keep everyone on the same page. When you want everyone’s input, passing around a key document by email or paper can feel terribly inefficient. But with file and screen sharing capabilities, you and your team can collaborate in real time. It’s faster and more efficient, and ensures everyone is clear on key decisions and agrees on next steps.
- Stay on top of work in progress. Some projects have an extended incubation period or are simply ongoing. MiTeam Meetings provides you with a permanent virtual workspace where you can continue to collaborate on documents, in meetings and through conversations.
- Avoid losing track of ad-hoc decisions. Projects are often complex with many moving parts. With multiple team members contributing, it’s easy to lose the thread of a conversation. With a persistent chat log, you always have simple access to key decisions or important discussions.
- Be confident you’re securely connected. As you update a team document from the road, the last thing you need to worry about is who’s snooping the airport lounge Internet connection. Mitel has you covered. MiTeam Meetings was developed specifically with mobility and security in mind, so you can be sure your work stays under wraps.
As personal and effective as working face to face, MiTeam Meetings offers plenty of advantages. Providing a true collaboration experience, not only will your team will be more informed and reach decisions faster, but it’ll also set new productivity records.
Find out more about MiTeam Meetings or talk to your Mitel partner about how to get started.